|Short Story Contest
Scribes Valley Publishing
6824 Drybrook Lane
Knoxville, TN 37921
- Thrill us! Entertain us! Beguile us! TELL US A STORY!
- Deadline: September 3, 2014
- Winners announced on or about October 15, 2014
- Fiction short stories up to 5000 words. Any genre, an subject.
- Cover page: author's name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, approximate word count, and optional author bio. Cover page does not have to be numbered. For electronic submissions, this information should be included at the top of your story in the uploaded file.
- Subsequent pages: title, last name, and page number at top.
- We prefer snail-mail submissions to be typed, single-sided, single- or double-spaced, with a font size that doesn't require a magnifying glass.
- Send copies only as materials will not be returned!
- Entry Fee: $7.00 US per story (nonrefundable). No limit on submissions. If entering by mail, please include check or money order payable to Scribes Valley. Cash is acceptable.
- You can submit your manuscript on-line using the link above, where the entry fee ($7.00) can be made securely on-line by credit card.
- Please proofread your submission for spelling and grammatical errors.
- Include a SASE (if entering by snail-mail) if you would like a reply from Scribes Valley. We usually send the judge's rating sheet if your entry is not chosen for publication.
- We try to notify authors by email when their entries are received. If you do not receive notification, drop us an email.
- Contests are open to everyone, regardless of nationality, age, or publishing history, as long as it is legal in the submitter's place of residence.
- All work must be original and unpublished. The author must own all rights to the submitted material. We require only First Anthology Rights for those stories we publish. All other rights remain with the author.
- Simultaneous submissions are okay. However, if the work is published (or accepted for publication) elsewhere before the contest ends, the author must inform Scribes Valley Publishing so the story may be removed from contest consideration.
- Contest decisions are final. Due to the volume of submissions, individual comment on stories may not always be available, but we'll give it a shot.
- Winners will be notified via any or all of the following: mail, e-mail, telephone. Please be sure all information in your submission is correct and current. If a winner is not reachable after all avenues are exhausted, another winner will be chosen.